Photo courtesy Karina Guez
Award-winning international wine photographer David Silverman follows his passion for the world of wine, photographing vineyards, wineries and the amazing people who make it happen. His experiences have taken him throughout Europe, to South America, and most recently, to South Africa.
Between 1991 and 2010, the South African-born photographer worked as a photojournalist for the international news agencies Reuters and Getty Images in Israel and the Palestinian territories, with his photos published by most leading worldwide newspapers and magazines.
Since 2010, he has concentrated on the wine industry, travel and lifestyle all over the world. In 2021, together with three friends and colleagues, he published the highly successful and internationally acclaimed wine tourism guide Wine Journal - An Israeli Adventure.
His ongoing projects are Women in Wine, the South African wine industry in general, and all aspects of the rapidly expanding Israeli wine scene. He is also involved in wine tourism through Vinspiration.
David is a contributing photographer at Getty Images and his pictures are regularly used by publications worldwide.
Wine Photography Awards:
- Finalist Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2023
- Semi-finalist Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2022
- Millesima Blog Awards 2020 double finalist
- Millesima Blog Awards 2019 finalist
- Grand Prix laureate Terroirs d'Images 2019
- People's Choice winner Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2017